- Animals will not be treated without the prior authorisation of their Veterinary Surgeon.
- Whilst every care is taken of the animal undergoing treatment, it is done so entirely at the owner’s risk.
- All treatments, which are not subject to an insurance claim, must be paid for on the day of treatment.
- Owners will be responsible to any outstanding balance for any insurance claim submitted and not paid in full by the insurance company.
- Animals with infectious or contagious conditions will not be treated.
- Bitches in heat will not be treated.
- Owners are required to notify Carnfield Hall Canine Hydrotherapy & Physiotherapy if, during the course of treatments the animal’s injury or condition worsens, or if the Veterinary Surgeon advises that the treatment is stopped or suspended.
- Therapists at Carnfield Hall Canine Hydrotherapy & Physiotherapy reserve the right to refuse treatment to any animal.
- Owners are requested to provide adequate restraint apparatus and to be present at all times during the animal’s treatment session.
- Owners are requested not to feed their dog at least 3 hours before attending an appointment and to ensure that the dog has toileted before its treatment session. A surcharge of £25 will be made for dogs that defecate in the pool. The pool will then have to be closed to allow for cleaning and appointments may need to be cancelled.
- Carnfield Canine Hydrotherapy & Physiotherapy reserves the right to use video footage and photographic stills taken during treatment sessions. This may include publication on social media. Owners are requested to advise the therapist if they do not wish such footage to be made public.
- Carnfield Hall Canine Hydrotherapy & Physiotherapy will ensure that adequate public liability and malpractice insurance is kept up to date at all times.
- Carnfield Hall Canine Hydrotherapy & Physiotherapy cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to vehicles or personal property, however occasioned, whilst on the premises.
- Carnfield Hall Canine Hydrotherapy & Physiotherapy would like to send text and/or email appointment reminders. If you do not wish to receive these you can opt out of this service following details provided on the reminder.
- Cancellation of appointments – please give at least 24 hours notice for the cancellation of appointments. Failure to do so may mean the client is still required to pay for the cost of the treatment.
- Carnfield Hall Canine Hydrotherapy & Physiotherapy holds personal client data on secure computer software which adheres to GDPR. This information is for the use of Carnfield Hall Canine Hydrotherapy & Physiotherapy staff only and will not be passed on to any third party without the client’s permission. Clients have the right to request this data be removed should they wish to do so. Should any client have a complaint regarding data, they should request to speak to the manager, Tina McAdam.
- The information contained on the Carnfield Hall Hydrotherapy & Physiotherapy website is intended for information and reference purposes only. Whilst we take every care to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and complete, it should not be relied upon as a replacement for seeking advice from a qualified veterinary physiotherapist. Carnfield Hall Hydrotherapy & Physiotherapy do not accept liability whatsoever of any kind for the information contained in this website or for any assumed pet care, diagnosis or treatment made from the information given.